Enviro Green Initiatives (New Zealand)
The operator of Enviro Campers believes in being a sustainable and environmentally-responsible company. Our strategy is to be leading the industry in this area:
• To run the most environmentally-friendly motor homes, campervans, and operations in the market
• To encourage customers to behave in a way that leaves the environment cleaner than when they arrived – and facilitate this behaviour
• To empower staff to embrace environmentally friendly practises in both their personal and working lives
• To influence business partners to adopt environmentally-friendly practises.
Since our inception 15 years ago, the operator of Enviro has always been at the forefront of good environmental practice with self-containment initiatives in the fleet and the early use of solar panels. In 2006 they identified the importance of this issue and have worked hard to measure and improve operations from an environmental point of view. Their position of “best in category” has also been a driving force to be a leader for sustainable environmental practises.
The operator's achievements to date include:
1. Qualmark Enviro Gold rating – First and only campervan and motorhome company in New Zealand to have this certification
2. Fully self-contained campervans and motorhomes – in accordance with the New Zealand Motorhome and Caravan Association (NZMCA) for our shower and toilet models
3. Dump Station sponsorship – sponsorship of the NZMCA dump station programme since 2002 to encourage responsible camping and help protect the environment
4. Euro 4 turbo-diesel vehicles – their entire fleet is manufactured with these diesel vehicles which are considerably more efficient than petrol, with a maximum age of 30 months
5. Solar panels – in all motorhomes and campervans to reduce electricity used by panels charging the batteries
6. Water filters – featured in all motorhomes and campervans to reduce the need for purchasing bottled water (estimated to save at least 150,000 plastic drink bottles per year)
7. Sustainably sourced plywood with alkorcell coating – all vehicles manufactured using environmentally-friendly alkorcell-coated and sustainably sourced plywood to reduce the weight of campers and fuel use, deforestation, and use of harmful toxins
8. Enviro enclosure sponsorship – at Rainbow Springs in Rotorua to help provide awareness of native endangered alpine parrot
9. Biodiesel – the main Auckland transfer coach has used 100% biodiesel since October 2009, as a part of a project to introduce biodiesel into the rental fleet
10. Fibreglass recycling plant – a partner in New Zealand’s first and only recycling plant of this kind
11. Wind tunnel testing – on vehicle designs to reduce aerodynamic drag
12. Enviro reusable shopping bag – provided at pick up to reduce use of plastic shopping bags
13. Water recycling system – in the Auckland vehicle wash-bay
14. Recycling – bins provided for customers at depots. Paper, brochures, glass, batteries, plastic and oil are all recycled. Recycling and re-use of returned brochures.
15. Eco label and long lasting quality products – used to stock vehicles to introduce our clients to eco products and reduce waste
16. Responsible disposal – of tyres, oil filters and office computers
17. Providing jobs locally – by producing motor homes and campervans in Auckland
There are currently no terms and conditions for travel during this period. If your rental is during these travel dates, new terms and conditions may apply. Please contact us before booking.
Enviro Campers New Zealand insurance Standard Liability
All Enviro vehicles are insured for damage to the vehicle or to the property of a Third Party. The hirer is responsible for the first NZD 5,000 of the cost of damage to the hired vehicle including windscreen, tyre damage, overhead, under-body, towing and recovery costs. A security deposit of NZD 5,000 is taken on pick up to cover the liability in the event of any damage to the vehicle. The security deposit can be paid by cash, traveller's cheques or credit card (see section “Important: Security Deposit Payments by Credit Card”). The hirer will also be fully liable for demurrage i.e. the daily rental rate for the period the vehicle is off fleet for accident repairs - maximum 7 days. The security deposit is fully refundable on return of the vehicle to the agreed location, on the agreed date in a clean and tidy condition with no damage incurred to the Enviro vehicle, with a full tank of diesel fuel, the toilet cassette clean and emptied and no equipment lost or damaged.
Important: Security Deposit Payments by Credit Card
If the hirer does not choose to purchase the Liability Reduction from Enviro a security deposit of NZD 5,000 is taken. This security deposit is deducted from the customer’s credit card when they pick up the Enviro vehicle. When the vehicle is returned to Enviro undamaged, the security deposit is refunded. Like other currencies, the NZ Dollar does fluctuate, sometimes by up to 3 or 4 cents in a period of only 3-5 weeks. Fluctuating exchange rates, the difference between buy and sell rates charged by banks as well as bank fees, may result in the amount refunded being different. Enviro is not liable for currency variations or bank transaction fees which may be payable, depending on the credit card provider.
Liability Reduction Reduced To NIL (ZERO)
A NIL liability applies for any vehicle damage, demurrage, cost replacing or repairing windscreens, tyres, overhead and under-body as well as single accident damage. A security deposit of NZD 500 is payable by an open signed credit card imprint with an authorisation obtained (sufficient funds must be available) at the time of vehicle pick up. The security deposit is fully refundable on return of the Enviro vehicle to the agreed location, on the agreed date in a clean and tidy condition, with a full tank of diesel fuel, the toilet cassette clean and emptied and no equipment lost or damaged.
All Inclusive Package
Enviro’s All Inclusive Package is available for NZD 61.25 per day. The cost is limited to a maximum of 50 days or NZD 3062.5.
The All Inclusive Package includes:
- Liability reduction to NIL
- Road user charge recovery fee (RUC fee)
- One way rental fee
- Gas bottle exchange - hirers can exchange their used empty gas bottle for a full gas bottle at Enviro depots in Auckland
and Christchurch at no extra charge
- Deluxe Camping equipment – table, chairs and sun umbrella
- Multilingual GPS navigation system
- Toll road charges
- Express return (simply drop off keys at the return desk at the depot during opening hours – not applicable when
vehicle is damaged)
- Mobile phone SIM Card
- Child & booster seat(s) on request
- Snow chains on request
A security deposit of NZD 500 is payable by an open signed credit card imprint with an authorisation obtained (sufficient funds must be available) at the time of vehicle pick up. The security deposit is fully refundable on return of the Enviro vehicle to the agreed location, on the agreed date in a clean and tidy condition, with a full tank of diesel fuel, the toilet cassette clean and emptied and no equipment lost or damaged.